Are you looking for a fitness blog on how to build bigger and more attractive arms? If yes, then don’t worry because we are here to help you with the 15 best triceps exercises for building bigger arms. So, warm up yourself and take a ride with us in the further sections of the entire write-up.
In our further write-up, we will cover a list of the best triceps exercises along with an easy step-by-step guide for each one that will definitely help you to improve your workout routine.
Are Triceps exercises enough to build bigger & more attractive arms?
While answering the question, the answer is “NO” It is not sufficient if you want to build bigger and more attractive muscles. However, the triceps are the larger muscles in your arm, but if you perform only triceps exercises then it will try to improve only 70% of your arm’s total mass. And the rest of the 30% is covered by the biceps exercises. Though the triceps cover a larger muscle area than the biceps but both are equally important. In addition to all of this, they’re antagonists also. In simple words, both of the muscles need the other one to function well. So it’s difficult to say, which one is more stronger. And if you really want to build your arms bigger, stronger, and more attractive, then you have to perform both “Triceps & Biceps” exercises in your daily workout routine.
Is it good to perform Biceps & Triceps Exercises together?
If you are wondering about the result of the Triceps & Biceps exercises together, then I want you to clarify that if you train both of these muscles together, then it’s a good strategy as they are complementary muscles (while one rests, the other works). In simple words, when the muscles of your biceps contract, it results in pulling your lower arm in the direction of your shoulder but it fails in pushing your arm back out. To do so, the muscles of your triceps in your upper arms contract and result in straightening your arm.
Benefits of Triceps Exercises:
There are several benefits of performing a triceps workout including,
- Helps in building and sculpting the muscles in your upper arm.
- Increase the power, endurance, and strength of the overall arm.
- Enables you to lift heavier objects in your daily life activities and workout sessions.
- If you are one of the cricket, tennis, golf, and basketball enthusiasts, then you can see a major improvement in your performance as all of these sports requires the full motion of the arm muscles.
- Along with that, triceps exercises also help to improve your shoulder stability and functional movements.
Best Triceps Exercises:
We have mentioned below a list of the 15 Best Triceps exercises for building bigger arms.
- Diamond Push-Up
- Standing Triceps Extension
- Skull Crusher
- Triceps Pushdown
- Cross-Body Cable Extension
- Cable Kickback
- Triceps Stretch
- Unilateral Dumbbell Floor Press
- Parallel Bar Dips
- Triceps Bench Dips
- Waiter’s Walk
- Decline Bench Cable Extension
- Elbows-Out Triceps Extensions
Steps to do Diamond Pushups:
- First of all, lay down and get into the push-up position.
- Now, close your hands and form a triangle shape by touching your thumbs and index fingers of both hands.
- In last, bend your elbows to lower your chest in the direction of the floor, and then push your body back in the initial position by straightening your arms.
Procedure to do Standing Triceps Extension:
- In the first step, lift a dumbbell over your head by straightening your arm.
- Now, keep your upper arm still and vertical and bend your elbow to lower the dumbbell down behind your head.
- At last, straighten your arm to get back in the initial position, and then repeat this motion to perform the second rep of one arm.
How to do Skull Crusher?
- First of all, take a barbell rod and attach weight to it according to your lifting capability, then start by lying back down on the bench.
- Hold the barbell with an overhand grip and extend your arms above your chest.
- Now, slowly lower the barbell rod towards your forehead, keeping your upper arms still.
- In last, raise the barbell rod back to the initial position by fully extending your arms.
Guidance to do Triceps Cable Pushdown:
- Start by placing the cables of a cable machine at a higher anchor point and attach a barbell handle or rope handle to the cable hook.
- Stand by facing towards to cable machine, place your feet together, elbows tight against your sides, and grab the handles.
- In last, push the handle by extending your arms fully down and then move it back to the initial position. This is rep 1.
Instructions for Cross-Body Cable Extension:
- Start by standing between the cable extension machine and grabbing both sides ropes end in the opposite hands to make a cross with cables. In simple words, hold the right cable attachment in your left hand, and vice versa.
- Now, you just need to straighten both arms to stretch down both of the cables.
Steps to do Cable Kickback:
- Place the cable pulley of a cable extension machine at the lower end.
- Stand by facing toward the cable machine, with your feet and shoulders width apart. Then, slightly bend your knees.
- Grab the cable handle with one hand and then stretch the cable by straightening the arm towards your hips. Ensures that your back is straight.
- At last, slowly move your arm back to its initial position and then repeat on another arm after completing the set of 12-15 reps.
Instructions to perform Triceps Stretch:
- Stand straight and place your one hand at the back side of your neck by pointing your elbow up and palm facing down.
- Now, move your other hand to your back by pointing your elbow down and palm facing up, and then try to touch or clasp the fingers of both hands.
- Hold for 5-10 seconds on each side.
How to do Unilateral Dumbbell Floor Press?
- Lie down on your back on a floor and start by grabbing dumbbells in both of your hands.
- Now, extend your arms straight above your chest.
- At last, keep one arm straight and then slowly lower another one, until your elbow touches the ground.
- Raise the dumbbell back to its initial position and then repeat on another arm.
Steps to do parallel Bar Dips:
- Grab the parallel bar with both of your hands and jump up, then hold your body above the ground.
- Lift your body by straightening your arms and then bend your knees, so that they will not touch the ground.
- Now, slowly lower your body until your elbows form an angle of 90 degrees without letting your feet reach the ground.
- Push back your body into the starting position and then try to do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Steps to do Triceps Bench Dips:
- First of all, take a bench or step box and then slightly lower your body to place your hands on it by facing in the opposite direction. Make sure that your fingers are facing toward your body.
- Extend your legs in front of you and then lay down your body until your arms are parallel to the floor.
- At last, extend your elbows to get back into the initial position. This is rep 1.
Steps to do Waiter’s Walk:
- Start by holding a dumbbell or kettlebell and lift it over your head in one hand.
- Now, hold the dumbbell above your head and slightly bend your elbow.
- Walk 10-15 steps forward and then back. And then switch hands and repeat the entire process.
Procedure to do Chaturanga:
- First of all, lay down and get into the plank position.
- Place your shoulder above your wrists and then lower your elbows at the height of the shoulders, pointing them against your sides. Make sure that your upper arms, chest, shoulders, and elbows should be aligned.
- At last, push your body back to the plank position.
The right way to do Decline Bench Cable Extension:
- Start by placing a decline workout bench in front of the cable extension machine.
- Set the cable pulley at the lower end of the machine.
- Lay down on the bench facing upside, and then grab the handle.
- Now, you just need to perform a standard skull crusher.
How to do Elbows-Out Triceps Extensions?
- Lie down on your back on a flat bench and start by grabbing dumbbells in each hand.
- Extend your arms over your chest by placing your palms facing toward your feet.
- Point your elbows outside and then lower the weights towards your chest by bending them.
- At last, extend your elbows to get back into starting position to complete the first rep.
Steps to do pullover:
- Lie down on your back on the bench and then hold the bar or two dumbbells straight over your eyes or chest.
- Now, keep your upper arms stationary and then lower the weight until your elbows form an angle of 90 degrees.
- Lower your upper arms and position them parallel to the floor.
- At last, pull your arms and straighten them to get back into the initial position to complete one rep.
Overall, if you want to improve the stability and lifting capability of your arms then add these 15 Best Triceps Exercises for building bigger arms in your daily fitness routine along with the biceps exercises. And if we talk about terms of safety, then always remember to take a break of one minute after each set and take proper guidance from your gym trainer while performing heavy weights workouts.