Hey folks! Do you want to get rid of extra pounds on your body? If yes! First off, you need to take heed of one thing there is no magic pill to help you in reducing weight with the drop of the hat, if you want to shed stubborn pounds, you need to burn calories every day. So, just eliminate the thought that you can’t do it and begin the hustle with full zeal.
When it comes to weight loss, exercise plays a significant role in achieving your fitness goals. While strength training exercises are often the go-to for burning calories, incorporating them into your routine can take your weight loss journey to the next level. It does not only lean muscle mass, but it also increases your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories even at rest.
In this blog post, we will explore a variety of strength training exercises suggested by an expert trainer of the best gym in Gurgaon that will help you acquire self-confidence by shedding carbs effectively. So let’s dive in and discover the best strength training exercises for weight loss to flex the true potential of your body.
Have a glance at the effective Weight Loss exercises
The deadlift is a strength training exercise that targets multiple muscle groups and leads to quick fat loss at a high level. If you program it properly, it can enhance cardio endurance as well. The process of practicing this exercise involves a couple of actions which are as follows:
- Stand hip-width apart with the bar in both hands and feet pointing outwards.
- Keep your back straight and bend your knees as if you’re in about to sitting position.
- By maintaining the right posture, repeat the process again.
Barbell Bench Press:
The barbell bench press is also renowned as a “big tree” exercise. Due it’s the nature of this compound exercise to target several muscles, it increases the rate of calorie burn, making it one of the best strength training exercises for weight loss. To perform this, you need to take the steps mentioned below:
- Lie on the flat bench by setting up your shoulder blades.
- Maintain tightness in the upper body, after settling weight in hand, descend the bar slowly by unlocking the elbows.
- Push back the bar by keeping it in a straight line and repeat the multiple sets.
The barbell lunge is a great lower body exercise that targets the glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, and calves, making it perfect to go with your fitness journey. By incorporating this exercise into your weight loss routine, you can enhance muscle development in the lower body and improve overall strength and balance. It could be done properly by following these steps.
- Pick up the appropriate weight and place it on your upper back using the barbell.
- Put one step forward and bend it to approx. 90 degrees by losing 2nd leg and knee free to bend.
- Head to keep the posture as it was in rest position and try the same with the other leg.
Bent Over Rows:
Bent over rows primarily focuses on the back muscles, including the latissimus dorsi, rhomboids, and rear deltoids. By incorporating bent-over rows into your “Strength training exercises for weight loss” list, you can increase muscle mass, improve posture, and boost calorie burn. Have a look at the needful instructions:
- Stand on your legs and hold the barbell.
- Keep your torso almost perpendicular and back straight.
- Use hands to raise weight upwards towards the stomach and slowly reverse the process.
Sit-ups are a classic abdominal exercise that targets the core muscles of the rectus abdominis muscle, commonly known as the “six-pack.” While they don’t directly contribute to weight loss, they flatten the tummy and strengthen the core muscles. Navigate the process to practice this exercise:
- Lie down by keeping your legs a little apart with bending keens.
- By engaging your core and keeping your neck straight, come in the sitting position.
- Keep the shoulder relaxed and hands on the thighs or neck, roll back to the initial position, and practice the complete process again.
These squats are a highly effective strength training exercise that targets the whole lower body from the quadriceps to the glutes. By practicing squats in your routine, you can sculpt lean muscle mass, and burn carbs throughout the day even at rest.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider with a barbell resting on your upper back.
- Keeping your chest up and core engaged, bend at the knees and hips to lower your body down into a squat position.
- Push through your heels, extend your legs, and return to the starting position.
Push-ups are a traditional, simple yet effective exercise that aims at the chest and shoulders muscles. This strength workout can be done anywhere as it does not require any equipment. By including push-ups in your workout sessions, you can strengthen your upper body, and if you are not aware of how to do this, here are the guidelines to help you.
- Start in a high plank position with your hands placed on the floor.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows, until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Push through your palms to extend your arms and raise your body back to its initial posture.
Chin-ups primarily sculpt the back and arms muscles, including the latissimus dorsi, biceps, and forearm muscles. It is one of the challenging strength training exercises for weight loss that can help increase upper body strength by building lean muscle mass. Here’s the way.
- Grip a pull-up bar with an underhand grip of hands.
- Hang from the bar using your fully extended arms, then row your body upward by bringing your chin above the bar.
- Elevate down the body until your arms are fully extended again.
Battle rope exercises involve swinging, or whipping heavy ropes in many patterns. These exercises engage multiple muscle groups simultaneously, providing a high-intensity, full-body workout. It can be done by following:
- Stand with your feet and hold a battle rope in each hand.
- Begin by rapidly moving your arms up and down, creating waves in the ropes.
- Continue the motion for a desired amount of time or repetitions.
Squat thrusts are a dynamic, full-body strength training workout that can help improve cardiovascular fitness, and enhance overall strength and coordination by shedding the ponds of the body. To incorporate it into your routine, you need to learn these steps:
- Initiate by standing on feet a little apart.
- Lower your body into a squat position by placing your hands on the ground.
- Quickly kick your legs back to assume a plank position, then jump your feet back to the squat position and stand up explosively.
Barbell rollouts primarily target the core muscles and require stability and control. To lose weight by practicing this exercise, you need to first learn the entire method to do it by navigating below-given steps.
- Begin by kneeling on the ground with a barbell (with weight plates) in front of you.
- Grasp it and roll it forward by extending your arms and keeping your core engaged.
- Roll the barbell out as far as you can control and then use your core to pull the barbell back to the initial posture.
Bulgarian Split Squat:
The Bulgarian split squat is one of the best unilateral lower-body strength training exercises for weight loss that targets the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings. It enhances balance, and stability, as well as strengthens the body by cutting the carbs.
- Stand facing away from a bench with one foot resting on it and the other foot forward in a lunge position.
- Lower your body by bending your front knee, aiming to bring your back knee close to the ground without touching it.
- Push through your front heel to extend your leg and return to the starting position, then repeat on the other leg.
Side planks primarily target the obliques, but they also engage the entire core, including the abdominals, lower back, and glutes. They can contribute to weight loss and in enhancing overall functional fitness by doing them properly using given steps.
- Lie on your side with your forearm on the ground.
- Lift your hips off the ground, keeping your body in a straight line from head to toe.
- Maintain the side plank for a while then switch sides and repeat.
Reverse crunches help strengthen the core, improve lower abdominal definition, and enhance overall well-being by engaging the full core. It can be done by following these actions.
- Lie on your back with your legs raised and knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Curl your hips off the ground, bringing your knees toward your chest.
- Slowly lower your hips down as it was without touching the ground, then repeat.
Farmers’ walks involve walking while holding heavy weights, typically dumbbells or kettlebells, in each hand. This exercise improves grip strength and overall strength and can also help kick out extra pounds.
- Stand with a heavy dumbbell or kettlebell in each hand.
- Walk forward while maintaining an upright posture and continue for a desired distance or time.
Wrapping It Up!
Incorporating strength training exercises for weight loss in your daily workout routine can have a significant impact on your results. The exercises mentioned above, such as Deadlift, Barbell Bench Press, Squat Thrust, and more, offer a variety of options to keep your workouts exciting and effective. You can also take a membership of a Gurgaon-based gym- FitClub to get proper assistance along your fitness journey. Combine these exercises with a balanced diet and strict workout routine, and you’ll be well on your way to achieving your weight loss goals.