Heya! Fitness freak. If you are looking for a fitness article on how to strengthen your back and core by performing back workout, then I want you to clarify that this write-up is specially made for you. It doesn’t matter, if you are a beginner or an experienced fitness freak. Because as being the best gym in Gurgaon, we will try to help you to make your back and core stronger, by covering some back workout sessions that you have to perform in your daily workout routine.
So, are you ready to increase the strength of your back and core? If yes, then you just need to warm up yourself and take a deep dive with us in the further paragraphs of this write-up.
In our further write-up, we will cover a list of the best back exercise sessions along with an easy step-by-step guide for each one that will help you to improve your workout routine.
12 Best Back and Core Exercises:
We have mentioned a list of the 12 best core and back exercise sessions that you have to add to your workout routine.
- Dumbbell Pullover
- Barbell Pullovers
- Barbell Rows
- One Arm Row
- Row with Resistance Band
- Back Extension
- Side leg raises
- T-Bar Row
- Seated Row
Steps to do Dumbbell Pullover:
- Start this back exercise by taking a bench and then sit on it by placing your feet on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell with each hand and then roll back, so that you are lying on the bench facing towards the ceiling. Make sure that, your back, head, and neck should be fully supported.
- Raise your arm over your chest. In this step, ensures that your palms should be facing each other.
- Now, inhale and then extend the weight towards the backside over your head until you reach the fully extended position. In simple words, extend the weight as far as your flexibility allows.
- Exhale and get back to the initial position by extending your arms towards the ceiling.
Procedure to do Barbell Pullovers:
- First of all take a bench and sit on it by placing your feet on the floor.
- Make sure your upper back is supported by the bench.
- Hold a barbell over your chest by taking a slightly wider than shoulder-width grip. Attach weight plates according to your lifting capacity on both sides.
- Lift your arms towards the ceiling.
- Bend your elbows, in order to take the barbell back behind your head. In this step, extend your arms as far as your flexibility allows. And make sure to keep your body stable and your abs tight.
- Now, contract the back muscles to get back into the initial position by pulling the barbell rod back over your chest.
How to do Barbell Rows?
- In order to start Barbell Rows back workout, take a barbell rod and attach weight plates on both sides according to your lifting capacity.
- Bend forward until you make a 45-degree angle, keep your abs tight, shoulders back, knees slightly bent, and look straight.
- Lift the barbell at the height of your knees by taking a slightly wider than shoulder-width grip.
- Now, inhale and then pull the barbell rod towards your belly. In this step, try to pull the bar as far as possible so that it can touch your abs.
- In last, get back to the initial position by slowly lowering the back.
Guidance to do One Arm Row:
- First, place your left knee and hand on a flat bench and your right foot on a floor.
- Keep your back straight and your belly parallel to the bench and then grab a dumbbell with your right hand.
- Now, Bend your elbow in order to pull the dumbbell towards your chest until your elbow makes an angle of 90 degrees.
- In last, slowly lower the dumbbell to get back into the initial position.
- Now, repeat it on the other side after completing the full set.
Instructions for Back Extension:
- First of all, lie down on your stomach in a spacious area on the floor and place your both hands behind the head.
- Now, raise your chest off the floor by contracting your abs as high as your flexibility allows.
- Hold for a second and then slowly lower your chest in order to get back to the initial position. This is the 1 rep of this back exercise, repeat the entire process to complete further reps.
Steps to do Row with Resistance Band:
- Start with a sitting position on a floor and make sure that your legs are straight out in front of you.
- Now, place the centre of the resistance band around the feet and wrap it on each foot, then hold the handles of the band in each hand.
- In last, slowly pull the handles of the resistance band towards you until your elbows are behind you.
- At last, slowly get back to the initial position and then repeat the same process to complete your reps.
Procedure to do Bridge:
- In the initial step, lie down on your back on a floor.
- Bend your knees, so that you can place the soles of your feet flat on the floor.
- Now, place your arms on the floor, beside your body. And make sure that, your palms are flat on the ground and your fingers touch your heels.
- Keeps your arms and legs stationary and lift the rest of the body off the ground as high as possible.
- At last, slowly get back to the position where you start and then repeat until you complete all your sets.
Instructions to do Crunches in the correct way:
- Begin by lying straight on your back on the floor.
- Now, bend your knees, so that you can place the soles of your feet flat on the floor.
- Cross your arms and place your hands just below your shoulders.
- Keep your legs, feet, and butt stationary and lift the rest of the body off the ground as high as possible and hold for a second.
- Now, slowly lower yourself down and try to repeat it again without letting your back touches the floor.
How to do Side leg raises?
- Lie on your right side on the floor.
- Keep your elbow on the floor and head on the palm.
- Lift your left leg off as high as you can and make sure to keep your body in a straight line.
- Now slowly lower your leg and get back to the position where you start.
- At last, repeat it and try to do at least 10-12 steps on each side.
Guidance to do Deadlift:
- In order to start Deadlift, back workout, first of all place a barbell rod in front of you and add some weight on each side according to your strength.
- Bend your knees and pretend that you are going to sit on a stool.
- Hold the barbell by placing your hand slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Now, stand up and lift the barbell rod with you and make sure to keep your abs tight.
- In last, lower the bar to its initial position by keeping your back straight.
Steps to do T-Bar Row
- Take a barbell rod and place it on one end in the corner of the wall.
- Attach some weight plates on the opposite side of the rod according to your lifting capacity.
- Now, bend your knees until your torso is at 45 degrees to the floor.
- Take a V grip hand and place it under the barbell, behind the plates and hold the handle with both hands.
- At last, lift the barbell rod by squeezing your shoulder blades, until the weight plates touch your chest.
Procedure to do Seated Row
- Start this back workout with setting a lever to the number of plates that you can fully pull.
- Sit down by keeping your back straight in the front of cable machine.
- Now, bend your knees, keep your chest out, and place your feet flat on the pads or footrest in front of you.
- Hold the v-grip handle and pull it towards your lower abdomen and then hold it for a second.
- At last, slowly straighten your arms in order to get back to the initial position and then repeat the same to complete further reps.
Overall, after covering the above back workout sessions, we hope that you found us well. Whether you are a beginner or perform exercise regularly, you have to perform back exercise sessions in your fitness routine. And if you are unaware of them then you can follow the instructions mentioned in the above sections.
In addition to all, if you had a back injury in the past, we recommend you talk to your professional healthcare and consult a certified personal trainer before starting a new exercise.