Are you a corporate worker? If yes, then you must understand the back pain and the stress your body feels after sitting on a chair in the same position for straight 9 hours. And let us not forget about the travel time to the office, it also results in excessive body pain if the distance is long. Corporate workers feel tired just after reaching their offices.
So, the workers need to do some stretching exercises in their homes for a few minutes to make sure that the blood flow is proper throughout the body. Therefore, this article is for our corporate workers about the stretching exercises that should be performed daily.
As most of the time while working in the office the body of the corporate worker is hunched forward which leaves an impact on the backbone and shoulder of the person. Thus, the person needs to do stretching exercises for their chest and shoulder muscles. But those who are suffering from some shoulder problem should avoid this exercise. Chest stretching steps are:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. You can also do it while sitting on an exercise chair.
- Then move your arms to the behind and lace your fingers.
- After that straighten your arms and lift your arms in the air till you feel that your chest is being stretched.
- Keep your arms in the air for at least 10 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat the whole process 5-10 times.
Benefits of Chest Stretch
The following are the benefits of Chest Stretch:
- It helps in loosening the shoulder muscles.
- Improves the body’s flexibility.
- The blood circulation level throughout the body is improved.
- Improves your hunched-back body posture.
Shoulder Shrug Stretch
While typing on the computer the neck and shoulder of the body hold the excessive stress. And while working we do not realize that our body is hunched forward more than the acceptable limit. As a result, our shoulder muscles and trapezius become tight with the tension. This exercise is to be performed in the following manner:
- You can either stand or sit while keeping your back straight. Also, keep your shoulders to the back.
- Lift your shoulders upwards towards the direction of your ear while squeezing your shoulders with as much force as you can.
- Keep your shoulders in the same position for 1 to 2 seconds and then lower them into a relaxing position.
- Do the 8 to 10 reps of this exercise.
- You will have to end the exercise by rolling your shoulders forward and backward several times.
Benefits of Shoulder Shrug Stretch
The advantages of performing shoulder shrug exercises are as below:
- The strength of the neck muscles is improved.
- Helps in stabilizing the upper back muscles of the body.
- Body posture is improved.
- The shoulder strength would also increase.
- Reduces the tiredness of your body and helps you do your daily activities with more efficiency.
Upper Back Stretch
The shoulder shrug exercise was helping in keeping the blood circulation going, while the upper back stretch will focus on the stretching of your shoulder blades and the traps. This exercise should be executed by following the procedure given below:
- Stay seated or stand up.
- Then straighten up your arms and rotate the palm of your hands so they do not face each other.
- Cross both arms together so that the palms are pressed together. Join your fingers. And if you do not feel comfortable enough with your arms crossed and the fingers being laced together, you can just lace your fingers without crossing your arms.
- Round your back and contract your abs, while reaching away your arms and relax by putting your head down.
- While performing this exercise you can imagine being curved up on a ball.
- Hold your stretch position for a minimum of 10 to 30 seconds.
Advantages of Upper Back Stretch
The impact of performing this exercise is:
- Helps your body muscles to work more efficiently.
- Improves the performance of physical activities.
- Makes joint movement much easier.
- The stiffness of the joints is reduced.
- Gives you a feeling of relaxation, calmness, and peace.
Spinal Twist Stretch
Sitting in the same position for a long period affects the lower back of your body. And as an outcome, your lower back would feel a little tight and achy. This is the simplest exercise that will leave a great impact on your body. This exercise can be performed easily on the acupressure mat that relieves some tension in the lower back of your body. All you have to do is twist your body a little bit. The steps for the execution of this exercise are:
- Stay seated on a chair or use an acupressure mat and keep your feet flat on your floor.
- Then gently rotate your torso to the right.
- You can take the help of your armrest or your chair seat to deepen your torso stretch.
- Do not twist too much, only rotate your body as far as you can comfortably. But while rotating your body keep your back straight.
- Hold your position for 10-15 seconds and repeat the same process with the other side as well.
- This exercise should be performed 5-10 times on both sides.
Benefits of Spinal Twist Stretch
Below are some of the reasons that will make you perform stretching exercises daily:
- Reduces the body ache.
- Helps in increasing the range of body motion.
- Reduces the chances of getting overuse injuries.
- Provides the relax to the body and also reduces the body’s stress.
- The body posture is also improved.
You might not know but, every worker performs this exercise unknowingly. Usually, when your back aches too much, you stretch your hands up in the air and relax back into your chair. This is known as the torso stretch. Well, it is not the exact way to perform this exercise, the guided steps would be provided below:
- You can either be in a seated position or stand straight.
- Then lace your fingers together and slowly take your arms upwards and stretch your body.
- While stretching up take a deep breath.
- You can also stretch to your right and left side as well.
- Now, separate your laced fingers and lower your arms in the relaxing position while exhaling.
- Repeat the same process 8-10 times.
Advantages of Torso Stretch
Several positive impacts of this exercise could surely influence a person into performing this exercise. And those benefits are:
- Improves the hunchback appearance of the body.
- Lowers the back ache.
- Reduces upper body fat.
- Improves digestion.
- Increases the body’s flexibility, and keeps the body strong and healthy.
Summing it Up!
Sitting in the same position every day can cause severe health issues such as neck pain, back pain, increased chances of cancer, heart attack, and diabetes. You should put in some effort and incorporate more body movements so that you will not have to face such issues. You should take rest or do some body movement rather than sitting the whole day for at least 30-45 minutes. It also reduces stress and will help you calm down. You can even consult with one of the trainers from Best Gym in Gurgaon and formulate the best plan for your stretching exercises.
The stretching exercises given in this article will help you loosen your muscles, and improve the blood circulation in your body. If you do these stretching exercises on a regular basis, then you will feel a change in your body. Every day after waking up, your body would feel more energized and fresh. It will help you maintain a positive attitude throughout the day and you would not feel tired. A positive attitude will make you think positive thoughts and helps in handling any difficult situation with a calm mind. Therefore, you should plan out doing these exercises as per your daily routine and it would be preferable if you do not skip your routine on your weekends.